The Aurora from Boreal Genomics
|Unparalleled nucleic acid purity from even the most challenging samples|
|High recovery yield from dilute or trace samples (even highly inhibited) where all other methods have failed|
|Unrivalled removal of all PCR inhibitors including humic substances, independent of species|
|Concentration and purification of very high MW DNA between 50kb - 1Mb|
|Low ongoing costs with reusable cassettes|
The Aurora from Boreal Genomics is a revolutionary new addition to the molecular biologist’s toolkit. For anyone working with challenging or heavily contaminated samples the Aurora is able to provide an unrivalled level of nucleic acid purification.
The Aurora is an automated nucleic acid extraction instrument based on a novel, proprietary electrophoresis technology called SCODA (synchronous coefficient of drag alteration). This technology selectively concentrates nucleic acids from large initial sample volumes down to a small final volume, with unparalleled removal of contaminants and PCR inhibitors during this concentration process.
The SCODA technology used in the Aurora is fundamentally different from existing purification technologies which rely on columns, beads or chemicals, and provides the following benefits:
- Unparalleled nucleic acid purity from even the most challenging samples
- High recovery yield from dilute or trace samples (even highly inhibited) where all other methods have failed
- Unrivalled removal of all PCR inhibitors including humic substances, independent of species
- Concentration and purification of very high MW DNA between 50kb - 1Mb
- Low ongoing costs with reusable cassettes
- Minimal sample handling for a simplified workflow
How Does The Aurora Work?
The Aurora uses rotating electric fields which act uniquely on long charged polymers to concentrate and purify nucleic acids leaving other molecules unaffected and left behind. The electric field parameters can be tailored specifically for nucleic acids to reject contaminants and PCR inhibitors that co-elute with conventional affinity-based methods. Additional electrophoretic washing steps can be automatically carried out to further increase the level of contaminant removal from heavily inhibited samples.
Easy To Follow Workflow
1) Lyse your sample using one of the prescribed lysis protocols
2) Load up to 5ml of lysed sample into the input chamber of the cartridge
3) Insert the cartridge into the Aurora instrument and run the required protocol
4) The sample will be automatically injected into the concentration gel and purified using the SCODA technology
5) Simply pipette a small volume of buffer into the extraction well and collect your sample
The Aurora enables efficient nucleic acid extraction and purification for the most challenging samples. The following are a list of sample applications, which the Aurora system has been used effectively for. This list is by no means exclusive, so please contact us to discuss how the Aurora may be used with your challenging samples.
Life Sciences Research
- Ultra high molecular weight DNA from Cell cultures and DNA in agarose plugs
- Bacterial DNA purification from low copy number samples
- Concentration of dilute DNA from low sample volumes
- Nucleic acid clean up
Soli and Environmental
- Direct extraction of both Low and High MW DNA from environmental samples
- Extraction of Ultra High MW DNA (up to 1Mb) from environmental samples
- DNA clean-up from contaminated water
- High MW DNA purification from stool samples
- Extraction of DNA from plant and pericarp tissues