Autosamdri 931 critical point dryer
award-winning, multiple-application digital critical point dryer
patent-pending "Stasis processing" for challenging specimens
precision process control
available in 32, 63 and 86mm chamber sizes
|optional quick-release specimen holder (down to 2µm in size)|
programme-and-save custom recipes
A fully automatic, digitally controlled critical point dryer with precision process control
The Autosamdri®-931 sets new standards for SEM critical point drying. Available in three chamber sizes it features intuitive touch screen control, allowing the user to enter preferred process recipes - or select from preinstalled factory defaults. Tousimis's Stasis software gives the operator complete range control - useful for more challenging specimens. There is a full range of specimen holders (see below), designed to meet most requirements. The process chamber is under-lit and has purge stirring to ensure complete fluid interchange.
Autosamdri®-931 critical point dryer highlights
- bright LCD touchscreen control
- choice of factory default settings or create custom "recipes"
- metering valves with vernier handles that include a slow fill for very delicate specimens
- internal 0.5µm particle filtration - protects specimens and valves
- rapid adiabatic chamber cooling (less than one minute for 31.76mm/1.25")
- internal condensing muffler - captures and eliminates purge exhaust noise
- top loading process chamber that is under light for easy viewing
- non-mechanical purge stirring for complete purge
- 'Stasis" processing (patent pending) gives complete range control for thicker specimens
- safe operation - fitted with rupture disk (activates @ 2000 psi) and pressure relief valve (activates @ 1250-1350 PSI)
- modern cabinet with clean room static-free design
Autosamdri®-931 - three chamber size options
Autosamdri®-931 - 31.75mm/1.25" chamber (#8787A)
- empty chamber and with optional 8762 12 compartment specimen holder loaded
Autosamdri®-931 - 63.5mm/2.5" chamber (#8787B)
- empty chamber and with four (#8762) specimen holders
- chamber with spacer. Reduces LCO2 use when small holder is used
Autosamdri®-931 - 86.36mm/3.4" chamber (#8787C)
- empty chamber, large capacity holder, multiple holders, chamber insert
Critical point dryer specimen holders
8761 TEM grid holder
8762 holder for 12 specimens
For 12 specimens, each compartment is 7.5mm in diameter and 6mm in height.
8763 holder for 24 specimens
For 24 specimens, each compartment is 4.5mm in diameter and 6mm in height.
8764 holder for four specimens
For up to four specimens at a time, each compartment measures 9mm diameter 16mm height.
Each compartment has alternative numbers stamped on it for easy specimen identification.
Mesh type: SS316 40 x 40
Opening size: 0.3mm
Approximate outer dimensions: 25.4mm Ø, 28.6mm H
8766 cover slip holder
Designed to hold and process up to ten 9mm to 13mm diameter glass cover slips.
Approximate outer dimmensions: 16mm Ø, 25.4mm H
8767 cover slip holder
Designed to hold and process up to ten 16mm to 22mm diameter glass cover slips.
Approximate outer dimmensions: 25.4mm Ø, 25.4mm H
- cabinet: (W) 38.0cm x (H) 33.5cm x (D) 50.8cm
- system set-up area required: (W) 61cm x (D) 56cm
- chamber size (available in three sizes): 31.75mm ID x 31.75mm depth, 63.5mm ID x 63.5mm depth, 86.36 ID x 63.5mm depth
- pressure gauge range: 0- 2000 psi, temperature range -40°C to 60°C
- 230 V/50 Hz, 5A (other voltage units also available)
- resistive touchscreen VGA LCD