Kleindiek E5AT 5 axis substage
five-axis movement around the eucentric point
highly precise positioning tool
high accuracy with minimal drift
no backlash or reversal play
The E5AT stage is a five-axis positioning tool especially designed to allow tilting of specimens to ±90 deg while allowing unlimited rotation of the specimen and keeping the area of interest at the eucentric position.
- Electron Channel Contrast Imaging (ECCI)
- Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD)
- any SEM or FIB application that requires eucentric repositioning of specimens
The system comprises a small four-axis substage mounted on a tilting platform. The substage offers a range of 10mm by 10mm in the X and Y directions and 3mm in the Z direction. Additionally, the rotational axis allows unlimited rotation of the specimen through 360 degrees. The tilting platform is fitted with a positional encoder with a resolution of 0.1 degrees.
Part number: LT-E5AT-00, LT-E5AT-02
Substage with 10 mm travel in X and Y, 3 mm travel in Z, unlimited travel in R mounted on a tilting platform. The tilting platform allows ±90° tilt and is equipped with an encoder with 0.2° resolution. The system includes control electronics, a joypad, PC software, a vacuum flange, a vacuum feedthrough and an operator's handbook.
- Dimensions: Length 72 mm - Width 50 mm - Height 44 mm
- Travel: X and Y = 10 mm
- Travel: Z = 3 mm
- Travel: R = 360 deg (unlimited) - optionally with encoder
- Travel: T = +- 90 deg, with encoder
- Absolute accuracy: T < 0.2 deg (3x10-3 rad)
- Absolute accuracy: R < 0.2 deg (3x10-3 rad), if R-encoder is configured
- Repeatablity: T < 0.03 deg (4x10-4 rad)
- Resolution: Linear axes < 0.5 nm
- Resolution: Rotational axes < 6x10-6 deg (10-7 rad)
- Speed: up to 1 mm/s
- Resolution: < 0.5 nm
- Cartesian movement
- Drift < 1.5 nm/min
- No backlash or reversal play
- Coarse and fine displacement in one drive
- Virtually insusceptible to vibrations
All technical specifications are approximate. Due to continuous development, we reserve the right to change specifications without notice.