Vilber Lourmat are the European molecular imaging specialists. Founded in 1954 they have been at the forefront of UV technology and more recently western blot imaging. They launched their first imaging system in 1984 and have now placed more than 20,000 systems worldwide in over 60 countries. All of the Vilber Lourmat systems are manufactured in Europe and come as standard with a 2 year warranty.
The Quantum range is well established as the gel documentation system of choice where image quality and durability are the priorities. The latest version introduces a new camera for even sharper and more detailed images, as well as the unique PadBox concept. Combined with Vilber’s legendary build quality and support, the new Quantum provides an even more flexible and easy to use platform:
The unique Spectra Capsules from Vilber allow unprecedented fluorescence flexibility and performance. You are no longer constrained with your choice of fluorophore or antibody, or tied into manufacturer’s closed systems. Adding up to 8 Spectra Capsules to your Vilber Fusion system provides you with an open imaging platform to select the best antibodies or fluorophores for your application.
The latest addition to the Vilber range is the Newton 7.0 in vivo imaging system. This makes use of Vilber’s decades of imaging expertise to provide an intuitive, sensitive yet affordable platform for animal or plant imaging.
The Newton 7.0 uses Vilber’s latest optical technology to ensure sensitivity for chemiluminescence or fluorescence imaging:
For easy, safe and efficient animal management when using the Newton 7.0, Vilber have developed the optional BIOSTHESIA module.
- Accurate delivery of Isofluorane agents
- Active gas scavenging to minimise operator exposure to anesthetic by capturing 99.9% of waste gas
- EQUAFLOW breathers ensure uniform delivery to each nose cone
- Dual delivery system with one channel for the induction chamber and one for the instrument with independent flowmeters
- Laser calibrated vaporiser for accurate delivery
The Vilber gel documentation and Fusion systems come supplied as standard with comprehensive image capture and analysis software. This software has no license restrictions and can therefore be installed on all of your lab and office PCs to make full use of the intuitive analysis features. In addition all Vilber systems save images in a standard Scientific TIFF format enabling compatibility with a wide range of other image analysis software.
The software includes the following features as standard:
An advanced fully automated western blot imaging system with cutting edge camera and lens technology.
- Darkroom made from stainless steel, steel and aluminium for long term durability
- Choice of scientific grade CCD cameras (EVO-6: 1 inch sensor with -55°C cooling or DARQ 7: 1.3 inch sensor with -67°C cooling)
- Custom made F:0.7 (eVo6 camera only) fixed lens with aspheric elements for unrivalled image quality, speed and sensitivity
- Smart Lens with automated control of aperture and autofocus