PCRMax Eco Real Time PCR System
|MIQE compliant open licence software giving confidence when it comes to publishing your data.|
|HRM functionality as standard: with the ability to discriminate class IV SNP >99% of the time.|
|Eco 48 allows for simple multiplex analysis with up to four dyes at once.|
|World most thermally accurate block gives consistent data every time.|
|High uniformity provides high quality data. Fast cycling enables several experiments per day, all at an economical price.|
|Fastest block-based real-time PCR system. 40 cycles in 40 minutes standardly and 40 cycles in as little as 15 minutes after optimisation of temperatures and hold times.|
|Eco 48 is an open platform that can utilise any chemistry, dye or PCR reagent.|
Introducing the PCRmax Eco™ 48
The PCRmax Eco™ 48 real time PCR system is a high specification, economically priced real time thermal cycler that accommodates a unique 48-well polypropylene PCR plate utilising the same geometry as standard 384-well plates, but only 1/8 of the size. This enables users to dramatically reduce the qPCR reagent volumes compared to traditional 96-well instruments, whilst still producing a strong fluorescence signal. Minimizing the plate size also significantly improves thermal uniformity. A minimum volume of 5µl is validated, cutting reagent costs in half and making more efficient use of expensive and hard to acquire template DNA samples.
The Eco™ 48 workflow is based on three simple steps:
• Load samples into the 48-well plate using the backlit EcoDock and place the plate into the Eco™ 48.
• Run experiment.
• The Eco™ 48 software provides instrument control, data collection, and data analysis. The most common qPCR parameters are automatically in place. These can be easily changed on the computer to meet specific experimental requirements.
Features and Benefits
• MIQE compliant.
• HRM functionality is provided as standard and can discriminate class IV SNP 99.9% of the time.
• The Eco™ 48 can utilise four colours for easy multiplexing.
• Industry leading ±0.1ºC temperature uniformity.
• Suitable for both single labs and core facilities. High uniformity provides high quality data. Fast cycling enables several experiments per day, all at an economical price.
• Fastest block-based real-time PCR system. 40 cycles in 40 minutes (standard chemistry) and 40 cycles in 20 minutes (fast chemistry).
• The PCRmax Eco™ 48 is an open platform that can utilise any chemistry, dye or PCR reagent.
• Calibrated for SYBR®, FAM™, HEX™, VIC™, ROX™ and Cy®5 fluorescent dyes.
• Standard and FAST cycling protocols.
• Easy to use software, streamlined for novices and experts.
• Industry-leading data quality.
• Array of 48 LED optics.
• The Eco™ 48 format provides a small 34.5cm x 31cm (13.6” × 12.2”) footprint that fits anywhere.
Eco™ 48 Thermal Technology
qPCR specificity and efficiency relies on precise temperature control during the denaturation and annealing steps. For the highest accuracy, temperature must remain uniform across the entire heat block, ensuring that all samples are processed equally. The unique thermal block design of Eco™ 48 achieves this with a unique heating and cooling system that provides accurate ±0.1ºC temperature control and quickly cycles from one temperature to the next.
Eco™ 48 Optical System
The Eco™ 48 Real Time PCR system contains an advanced high-performance optical system that delivers precise and sensitive fluorescence detection, facilitating all 4 colour multiplex applications. The system is provided factory-calibrated for use with SYBR®, FAM™, HEX®, VIC®, ROX®, Cy®5 and can also be used with any qPCR fluorophores overlapping with these calibrated dyes. For excitation, two panels of 48 fixed LEDs provide excitation energy of distinct spectra, enabling broad range excitation. Each of the 48 LEDs illuminates a specific plate well location, eliminating the optical distortion created by most stationary optical systems. HRM analysis protocols are supported by continuous data acquisition during the melt for increased data collection and reduced run times. The user can change the plate setup and perform data analysis after the run is complete.
The Eco™ 48 has rapid heating and cooling rates. Average ramp rates of 5.5°C/sec reduce overall PCR run times. The typical run time for a 40 cycle PCR protocol is under 40 minutes. In testing, the quickest optimised programme enabled a 40 cycle qPCR experiment to complete in just 18 minutes.
Eco™ 48 thermal control is superior to traditional 96-well peltier systems where thermal efficiency decreases as distance from the peltier increases. With Eco™ 48, faster and more precise cycling increases sample throughput because the need for multiple replicates is reduced by increased uniformity across the block. Eco™ well-to-well, plate-to-plate and instrument-to-instrument results are as consistent as running a single experiment. To take advantage of this, Eco™ 48 has a function in the software where different experiments are reliably combined. High uniformity reduces the need for experimental replicates which saves on samples, eliminates the need for more expensive instruments, reduces reagent running costs and ensures the entire plate of data is valuable.
The ergonomic plate loading dock allow for easy loading of the plate and is backlit to allow the user to easily visualise which wells have been loaded.
• Base with LED backlight
• Plate adapter fits standard centrifuge rotors
• Includes plate sealing tool
“Having looked at a number of RT-PCR instruments, we have been pleasantly surprised after purchasing the Eco48. Our main concerns involved accuracy and cost of consumables, both of which have been duly catered for with this system. Duplicate sample repeats are perfectly adequate giving as much consistent uniformity, both inter and intra-plate, when compared with their triplicate counterpart and combined with its ability to handle reduced reaction volumes has proved it to be quite the excellent package. We would happily recommend this system to anyone.
- Peter Bone, Stabilitech – Thermo Stabilization for vaccines and biopharmaceuticals