Welcome to our new site, if you can’t find what you’re looking for please get in touch via our contact us page.
PowerTome 3D ultramicrotome
PowerTome 3D features a full 1 mm of advance, permitting uninterrupted ultrathin sectioning to a depth of 1000 microns.
PowerTome 3D features a full 1 mm of advance, permitting uninterrupted ultrathin sectioning to a depth of one millimetre. This is especially useful for 3D reconstruction work – array tomography and any situation where high amounts of trimming are involved, such as cryo-sectioning using the ultrathin feed. PT 3D has a high-definition video package where the sectioning process is displayed in real-time at the centre of the computer monitor. The ultramicrotome is controlled by a hybrid system with a touch screen monitor plus a digital tactile controller.
PowerTome 3D includes:
- Computer with Windows operating system
- Touch screen monitor/controller
- Digital tactile controller
- Specimen orientation mount – 12mm N-S advance
- Knife Options: glass knives up to 12mm wide, triangular tungsten carbide knives, any commercial brand of diamond knives
- Stereo microscope trinocular Zeiss Stemi 508:-8:1 zoom- 6.3x to 50x magnification- 10x WF (23mm) eyepieces- 35° viewing angle.
- Power Universal transilluminating specimen holder & wrench
- 7mm flat specimen block transilluminating holder
- Round block specimen holder
- Hand rests, wrenches, wooden accessory box, trimming block and post, stage mounted air draft shield, footswitch, power cord, interconnect cables, dust cover, fuses and instruction manual
- Specimen auto feed: 1 mm (1-000 μm; 1-000-000 nm)
- Section thickness: 5nm to 15μm
- Cutting speed: 0.1 to 100mm/sec in 0.1mm/sec increments
- Variable return speed over entire cutting speed range
- Knife stage movement: -50mm gross advance- 25mm E-W travel