Cryo grid boxes
Good quality grid boxes are essential for efficient storage of vitrified specimens on cryo TEM grids in liquid nitrogen dewars. The new CGB4 cryo EM grid box from SWISSCI has been developed in collaboration with Dr. Jan Löwe at the MRC laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge.
The CGB4 cryo grid box has a number of key advantages over traditional cryo grid boxes:
- Special polymer eliminates static charging at cryogenic temperatures
- Lid easily rotated with tweezers to give access to grids - no special tools required
- Four individually numbered diamond-shaped slot positions for grids
- Unique identification number on each box for error-free recognition of each sample
- Unique ID label on lid - easy viewing during both storage and use
- Standard size for all common Cryo-EM specimen mounting and storage devices
- Low cost pricing enables single use, thus giving each stored sample a truly unique identification number without any chance of mixing up samples
Our cryo grid boxes can be combined with the Cryo-puck storage system for optimal preparation workflow. Cryo-pucks enable convenient storage and locating of cryo-grid boxes in liquid nitrogen dewars and dry shippers.
please click here for dimensions
EM-Tec 553.AM cryo grid box handling tweezers, 145mm, anti-magnetic stainless steel. The EM-Tec 553.AM precision cryo grid box handling tweezers are especially designed for handling the small cryo grid boxes used for storing TEM grid under liquid nitrogen. They can be used with the EM-Tec GB4 cryo grid box and other cryo grid boxes of similar design with a rotating lid and a central screw to hold the lid. With these tweezers you can pick up the cryo grid box by holding the head of the screw on the top. Designed for Ø5mm screw heads, but can be used for screw head sizes Ø3mm to Ø6mm.
EM-Tec GB-4 cryo grid box for four TEM grids (each).
EM-Tec GB-4 cryo grid boxes are used with cryo vitrification systems.These round grid boxes have four diamond shaped grid positions, an index notch and a clear lid. The lid has a slot which can be rotated to access the grids. It is held in place with a stainless steel #1 phillips pan head screw.
The EM-Tec GB-4 cryo grid box is compatible with most vitrification instruments including FEI Vitrobot, Gatan CP3, Gatan 3500, Gatan 626 and Leica EM GP cryo systems.
EM-Tec CGT1 gripper tool for cryo grid box with pin type lid, aluminium (each). The EM-Tec CGT1 gripper tool design includes spring-loaded vice grips to keep a secure hold on the pin type lid. The hexagonal shape of the barrel provides a firm grip for unscrewing the lid of the cryo grid box. A useful and practical tool for handling the cryo grid boxes under LN2. Made from cryo compatible aluminium.