FIB Lift out shuttle
Kleindiek LOS Lift-out Shuttle is an innovative tool that provides a faster, more reproducible and simpler procedure for FIB lift-out. LOS is an intuitive and cost-effective specimen preparation solution that offers greater reliability than ex-situ lift-out techniques and higher throughput than other in-situ lift-out solutions. Combining an advanced microgripper with a precision substage for increased throughput, reduced FIB time and reliable results.
It can be retro fitted to most makes and models of FIB that lack this functionality
In-situ lift-out techniques have become reliable methods for preparing specimens for TEM and atom probe inspection.
- The Lift-out Shuttle is compatible with the load-lock systems of most SEMs and FIBs.
- When used with SEMGLU vacuum compatible glue, LOS eliminates the need for gas precursors and thus the Contamination of the sample associated with IBID techniques.
- Combining LOS with the innovative iLO software control interface enables even easier and faster TEM sample preparation.
Substage on load-lock compatible platform
- Maximum specimen size: 30 mm,
- Travel: X and Y = 10 mm
- Travel: Z = 3 mm
- Travel: R = 360 deg (unlimited)
- Speed: up to 1 mm/s
- Resolution: < 0.5 nm
- Cartesian movement
- No backlash or reversal play
- Simple load-lock solutions for most SEM and FIB tools
- Virtually insusceptible to vibrations
- High-resolution gripper for transport and assembly of micro-sized objects
- Gripping area: (5 to 10 μm)²
- Resolution: 20 nm
- Gripping force: 5 to 5000 μN (variable)
- Maximum span range: 20 to 40 μm
- Small camera at sample surface level
- Allows fast approach
- Includes monitor and LED illumination
All technical specifications are approximate. Due to continuous development, we reserve the right to change specifications without notice.
iLO liftout software (VS5)
Drag & drop control software optimized for TEM sample lift out. The iLO Graphic User Interface provides an intuitive and seamless way of positioning the MM3A-EM micromanipulator tip or MGS2 microgripper on the specimen, lifting it out and attaching to the desired receptacle.The tool tip is positioned by simple drag & drop actions while the tip’s motion is automatically adjusted for the currently active beam, the beam’s rotation, as well as the magnification. The software provides a new action button that executes a perfectly vertical lift-out motion. It also integrates a convenient park & restore function as well as a stand-by position providing an intermediate ‘parking’ position within the microscope’s field of view where the needle can be placed between liftouts.Control for the MGS2-EM microgripper is also supported by iLO. Similarly the Rotip-EM rotational tip can also be operated via the software. After calibration, the RoTip can perform continuous compucentric rotation.Price On Request £0.00 Add to basket
Lift-out Shuttle – A super-fast, dedicated lift-out solution — for in-situ or ex-situ. The system is comprised of a four-axis substage mounted on a load-lock compatible platform. Either a microgripper or a probe tip can be mounted above the substage to facilitate the lift-out. The system includes control electronics, joypad, microgripper, SemGlu, sample probe tips, a vacuum flange, a vacuum feedthrough and an operator’s handbook.Price On Request £0.00 Add to basket
Microgripper – A microgripper plug-in for the LiftOut Shuttle.Price On Request £0.00 Add to basket